Summer Giveaway T&C's
Hommey Group Pty Ltd
Terms and Conditions
The Promotion is run by Hommey Group Pty Ltd (ACN 671 798 931) of Level 6,10 Queens Road, Melbourne VIC 3004 (Promoter).
Information on how to enter, and the prize details, form part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in this promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
If you are an eligible person and satisfy all entry requirements as set out below, then subject to these Terms and Conditions, you will be entered into the competition draw to win a prize (Promotion). Entries into the Promotion open at 10:00am AEDT on 12 October 2023 and close at 11:59pm AEDT on 12 November 2023 (Promotional Period).
- Entry to the Promotion is open to all Australian Residents who are at least eighteen (18) years old at the time of entry and have a valid email address and mobile number, who comply with the ‘Entry’ provisions set out below. An ‘Australian Resident’ means a person who resides in Australia at the start of the Promotional Period and who holds Australian citizenship or holds an Australian permanent residency visa.
- Employees, directors and officers, and their immediate family and respective household members, of:
- the Promoter;
- the related bodies corporate of the Promoter; and
- any advertising or promotion agencies of the Promotor,
are not eligible to enter. ‘Immediate family’ means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or stepchild (whether natural or by adoption), parent, stepparent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, stepbrother, stepsister or first cousin.
- Entry into the competition is free, subject to the entry requirements.
Entry into the Promotion
- To enter the Promotion and be eligible for the Prize Draw, entrants must provide their email address and an optional phone number during the Promotion Period
- Entrants can only enter the Promotion once. Multiple entries are not permitted.
- The use of automatic entry software, mechanical or electronic devices that allows an individual to automatically enter the Promotion is prohibited and may render any entries submitted by that individual invalid.
- Each entry must be made in accordance with these Terms and Conditions. By entering the Promotion, each entrant agrees to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. The Promoter may in its discretion refuse to award any prize to any entrant who fails to comply with these Terms and Conditions.
- The total retail value of the Promotion prize pool is AU$2,000 (including GST), as at 12 October 2023.
- There will be one (1) winner randomly selected who will receive a $2,000 Hommey gift card to be used in store or on our website gethommey.com (Gift Card). At all times, the redemption of the Gift Card is subject to these Terms and Conditions of the Gift Card’s Terms and Conditions. The sharing of the prize is not permitted. Any expenses to redeem the prize will be borne by the winner.
- There will be one (1) draw conducted for the Promotion. The draw will be conducted via a random number generator at 10:00am AEDT on 13 November 2023 at 10.00am, November 13th @ Shop 4, 300 Toorak Road South Yarra 3004. Eligible entrants are not required to be present at the draw to win.
- The Promoter may draw additional reserve entries and record them in case an invalid or ineligible entrant is drawn.
- No component of the prize can be transferred or redeemed for cash or any other service provided by the Promoter. In the event that any of the prizes become unavailable, the Promoter reserves the right to provide a similar product to the same or greater value as the original prize, subject to any applicable laws or written directions of a relevant regulatory authority.
- In the event of war, terrorism, state of emergency or disaster, the Promoter reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion or suspend or modify a prize, subject to any requirements of a relevant regulatory authority.
- Decisions of the Promoter are final and will be binding on each person who enters the Promotion, and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The winner will be notified in writing by direct email message through the email supplied when entering the Promotion and their name published within 14 days of the draw atgethommey.com.
- Winners must respond to the Promoter’s notification message and provide prize delivery details in order to claim their prize. Each prize must be claimed within 14 days after the relevant publication date. Any unclaimed prize will be forfeited by the winner.
- If any winner does not satisfy these Terms and Conditions or cannot be contacted within a reasonable timeframe in accordance with all requirements of all regulatory authorities, the entry will be invalidated, and a further entry drawn at the same place as the original draw on the dates as specified above in order to distribute the unclaimed prize. All non-winning entries from the original draw will be included in the unclaimed prize draw. Any winner of the unclaimed prize draw will be notified in writing (via the contact details supplied when entering the Promotion) within two (2) working days of the relevant re-draw and the winner’s name and state will be published on com within 14 days of the relevant re-draw. This will continue until a valid winning entry is drawn for each prize draw.
- If this Promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, including but not limited to technical difficulties, unauthorised intervention or fraud, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law:
- to disqualify any entrant; or
- subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the Promotion, as appropriate.
- The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including identity, age and place of residence) and reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these Terms and Conditions, tampered with the entry process or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct, calculated to jeopardise fair and proper conduct of the Promotion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights. The Promoter's legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from prize winnings. All taxes which may be payable as a consequence of receiving the prize are the sole responsibility of the winner. Any additional costs involved are at the winner’s expense. Independent financial advice should be sought.
Exclusion of liability
- To the full extent permitted by the law, the Promoter will not be liable for any injury, damages, expenses, or loss whatsoever (whether director consequential) to persons or property as a result of any person entering into the Promotion or accepting or using any prize.
- The Promoter is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, or for any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilised in this competition, or for any technical error that may occur in the course of the administration of the Promotion.
- The Promoter assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to or alteration of entries.
Data collection and privacy
- In addition to any use that may be outlined in the Privacy Policies identified above, the Promoter may, for an indefinite period, unless otherwise advised, use the PI for promotional, marketing, publicity, research and profiling purposes, including sending electronic messages or telephoning the entrant. The Privacy Policies also contain information about how entrants may opt out, access, update or correct their PI, how entrants may complain about a breach of the Australian Privacy Principles or any other applicable law and how those complaints will be dealt with. All entries become the property of the Promoter. The Promoter may disclose entrant's PI to any entity outside of Australia in accordance with their respective Privacy Policies.
- Entrants agree that they are fully responsible for any materials or responses they submit via the Promotion including but not limited to comments, recordings and images (Content). The Promoter shall not be liable in any way for such Content to the full extent permitted by law. The Promoter may remove or decline to publish any Content without notice for any reason whatsoever.
- As a condition of entering the Promotion, each entrant licenses and grants the Promoter and the Promoter’s affiliates and sub-licensees a non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, worldwide, irrevocable, and sub-licensable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish and display their entry (which shall include Content) for any purpose, including but not limited to future promotional, marketing or publicity purposes, in any media, without compensation, restriction on use, attribution or liability.
- Entrants consent to the Promoter using their name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event they are a winner (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for a reasonable period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting the Promotion (including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter in connection with the Promotion.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth), as well as any other implied warranties under the Australian Securities and Investments Commission Act 2001 (Cth) or similar consumer protection laws in the States and Territories of Australia (Non-Excludable Guarantees). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including their respective officers, employees and agents) exclude all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the Promotion.
- Except or any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including their respective officers, employees and agents) are not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of:
- any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control);
- any theft, unauthorised access or third-party interference;
- any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter;
- any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions;
- any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; or
- taking of the prize/attendance at the prize event.
The laws of Australia apply to this Promotion to the exclusion of any other law. Entrants submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Melbourne, Victoria Australia.
The Promoter and entrants acknowledge that this Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, affiliated or administered by or associated with Instagram, Facebook or TikTok.